POLi Payments Payments (formerly known as Centricom) is an Australian-based online payments company. The payment method is widely used in Australia, and customers of major companies, such as Jetstar, BetStar and Neds, should be well acquainted already.
What is POLi Payments
POLi Payments Payments was founded in 2006 in Melbourne, Australia. The payments service is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand. To use POLi Payments you do not need to sign up or create an account. Instead, you just need to have a bank account with a participating bank. Currently, over a dozen major banks in the region are accepted by POLi Payments. These include ANZ, Westpac, Citi Bank and Commonwealth Bank.
POLi Payment’s goal is to make online payments faster, easier and more secure. Unlike many online payment services, there’s no need to sign up or create any account to use POLi Payments for depositing money at an online casino or buying items online. If you want to use POLi Payments for making withdrawals, you do need to make an account
BGO Casino Review
*18+. New customers only. 10 Free Spins on registration and mobile verification (UK ONLY) 100% deposit match up to £200/$300. Available on selected Games only. 7-day expiry on Bonus. 40x wagering (max bet £/$5) before Bonus Balance can be withdrawn. Wagering is with real money first. Game contribution weightings apply to wagering requirements. £/$10 min deposit + 2.5% fee (min 50p/75c). Not available using Neteller or Skrill. Cash balance withdrawable anytime + £2.50/$3.75 fee. Full T&C apply.
Casino Calzone Review
New players only. Deposit required. Bonus wagering 25x deposit + bonus, Extra Spins 35x. Bonus max bet £5. Max cashout from welcome bonus funds is £5000. Neteller/Skrill deposits do not qualify. Game weighting, Bonus Terms and General Terms and Conditions Apply.
18+. New players only. 1 bonus offer per player. Min. deposit £20. Max. bonus bet is £5. Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds expire in 30 days, unused bonus funds will be removed. Bonus funds are 200% match up to £5000 on your 1st deposit, 50% match up to £1000 on your 2nd deposit, and 75% match up to £500 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus, cash & bonus spins. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.
18+. New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit £20 Max bonus bet is £5 Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £3,000 on your 1st deposit,50% match up to £250 on your 2nd deposit, and 100% match up to £250 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus, cash & bonus spins. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.
18+. New Customers only. Min deposit £20-£100. Max Deposit £50-£200. 100x ER for bonus amounts. 7 days to complete WR. Max Bet for bonus wagering is £5 per spin. Alwyas refer to Bonus Terms for more info.
18+. New customer only. Min £15. Neteller/Skrill excl. Max bonus £100. Wagering deposit+bonus x40 within 30 days. Bonus max bet £5. Spins paid 10 per day. Game weighting and T&C apply.
New customers. Spins: 20 on registration, 180 after deposit, winnings given as bonus funds, 20x wagering. Spins and bonus wagering on age of the gods games only. Welcome bonus: £20 min deposit, max bonus £100, wagering 40x. Game weighting applies. Betting limits: slots – £5 all other games – 10% of bonus amount.
18+. New UK players only. 20 Free Spins on sign up. Deposit Bonus: 100% up to £100 Bonus + 20 Bonus Spins, on each of your first 4 deposits. £10 min deposit (Skrill, Neteller excluded). £5 min. wager to activate Bonus Spins. All spins are valid on Book of Dead and expire after 7 days. 35x wagering on eligible games (£5 max stake) before Bonus, Free Spin or Bonus Spin winnings can be withdrawn. Eligibility restrictions apply. Please play responsibly. BeGambleAware.org. Full T&C’s apply
New customers only. Opt-in required. 1st deposit bonus (DB) 100% up to £200. 2nd DB 50% up to £200, 3rd DB 25% up to £200, 4th DB 25% up to £200. 40x wagering, 30 days to complete wagering, game weighting and game restrictions apply. Max Bet with bonus funds £5. Neteller/Skrill deposits excluded, cash balance can be withdrawn at any time. Full bonus terms
Benefits of using POLi Payments
Using POLi Payments rather than your credit/debit card for making payments online has many benefits. These include:
- Costs: Many credit card companies charge small fees for making online payments. Likewise, most banks charge nominal fees whenever you transfer money online. In contrast, POLi Payments is absolutely free. However, this is only the case when making deposits online. If you want to receive payments using POLi Payments, then you have to pay a 1% fee per transaction (capped at $3AUD). This is still far cheaper than most credit card companies and other online payment services such as PayPal. For example, if you withdraw $10AUD using POLi Payment, you only have to pay $0.10AUD, whereas with other e-wallets you would have to pay approximately $0.4AUD.
- Speed: Credit card payments and bank transfers are notoriously slow. This is especially true when it comes to making withdrawals from online casinos. Most online casinos process credit card withdrawals within 2-4 working days, and bank transfers can take up to a week. With POLi Payments, your transaction will be processed within minutes.
- Security: With so many viruses and malware floating around cyberspace it’s vital to keep your payment details safe and secure. Although all reliable online casinos use top-notch encryption technology, if your device or network has been affected by malware, then your information is at risk of being stolen. With POLi Payments you don’t need to enter any credit card details or bank account numbers when making online payments. All you need is your online banking username and password.
Convenience: With POLi Payments, there’s no need to enter your credit card details. In fact, you don’t even need to register to use POLi Payments, so you don’t need to remember a new username and password. All you need is your regular internet banking account credentials.
How to deposit with POLi Payments
Making a deposit at an online casino with POLi Payments is simple and straightforward. However, the service is very limited and is currently only available for Australians and New Zealanders who have an account at participating banks, as most major banks in Australia and New Zealand are affiliated with POLi Payments. For a full list of eligible banks, see the company’s website.
Also, online gambling laws in Australia are very strict and most foreign casinos are not allowed to accept players from Australia. As such, POLi Payments does not facilitate illegal transactions, and you can only use it for online casinos which can accept Australian players – there are a few in our list of recommended casinos.
To make a deposit using POLi Payments, just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your online casino account
- Go to the deposits page/cashier and scroll down until you find POLi Payments
- Click on the link and enter your online banking username and password
- Confirm the transaction
- You should receive an email notification
Bottom line on POLi Payments
POLi Payments is a sophisticated, safe and useful method for online payments. You don’t have to create an account to use the service, which adds a degree of privacy and convenience. Unfortunately, the payments system is not widely accepted and it’s only available at legal Australian/New Zealand online casinos. That being said, it’s a great way to send money online, so make sure to use it when you can!