Paysafecard is a globally accepted online prepaid payments method. Unlike traditional payment methods, with Paysafecard, you need to have funds ready in order to use it. It’s a great solution for online gamblers who prefer not to use their regular bank accounts or credit cards at online casinos.
What is Paysafecard
Paysafecard (not to be confused with the PaySafe Group) is a prepaid payment method that you can use online. The idea is to allow customers to use cash to make online payments. Rather than using your credit/debit card or bank account when making online payments, you can just purchase a card, top it up with cash, and then use it at any online casino.
There are many prepaid cards available, but Paysafecard is Europe’s premier prepaid online deposit system, and the most well-known and trustworthy operator. Paysafecards are available at wide variety of locations – corner shops, supermarkets, petrol stations and more – in Europe or the USA. However, only European-issued cards are currently accepted at online casinos, due to European law.
Benefits of using Paysafecard
Prepaid cards are one of the most popular banking methods for online casinos. There are a few reasons for this, namely:
- Speed: Unlike traditional payment methods, such as debit/credit cards and wire transfers, Paysafecard transactions are extremely fast. With credit cards, you sometimes have to wait up to 24 hours before your deposit clears, but Paysafecard transactions are almost instant.
- Privacy: Many players at online casinos prefer to keep their online spending habits private. If you use a credit/debit card or bank transfer to make deposits, your bank account manager and anyone who has access to your account or statements will know just how much you’re spending. With Paysafecard, you can pay in cash, so you and you alone will be able to keep track of your online spending. Also, many online gamblers prefer to use a different account for all their casino activity.
- Security: Even though all reputable online casinos are secured using encryption technology, it’s still not 100% safe to use a credit card. Many large companies have suffered from data breaches and hacks, and if you have a virus installed on your device, even top-level encryption won’t save you from having your banking details stolen. However, if you use a Paysafecard, only the money that’s currently loaded onto your card is at risk, but your bank account remains safe.
- Convenience: Some banks have complicated rules regarding online payments, especially if it’s overseas. Others require you to remember all sorts of security codes and details to make a transaction online. With Paysafecard, all you need is one 16-digit number to complete the transaction. You can buy Paysafecards from over 600,000 locations worldwide, and you can top them up using cash or credit.
How to deposit with Paysafecard
To deposit at an online casino using Paysafecard, just follow these simple steps:
- Buy a Paysafecard. There are over 600,000 stores which sell Paysafecards. They are sold in over 40 countries worldwide. You can search for the nearest store on the company’s website or app.
- Top up the card using either cash or credit card. The maximum total amount is £4,000, and the maximum top-up daily limit is £1,500
- Log into your online casino of choice.
- Go to the deposits page and scroll down until you find ‘Paysafecard’
- Select ‘Paysafecard’ and decide how much you want to deposit.
- Enter your card’s 16 digit code.
- You might be asked to confirm the transaction via SMS or email.
Remember! Unlike a credit code, your code must be topped up with sufficient fund or the transfer will not go through.
Bottom line on Paysafecard
Paysafecard is a great alternative method of payment for online casinos. Many players prefer to keep their online gambling spending accounts separate from their regular bank accounts, and Paysafecard offers you the opportunity to do exactly that. Overall, it’s a safe, reliable and fast method to make withdrawals and deposits online.