POLi Payments Payments (formerly known as Centricom) is an Australian-based online payments company. The payment method is widely used in Australia, and customers of major companies, such as Jetstar, BetStar and Neds, should be well acquainted already.
What is POLi Payments
POLi Payments Payments was founded in 2006 in Melbourne, Australia. The payments service is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand. To use POLi Payments you do not need to sign up or create an account. Instead, you just need to have a bank account with a participating bank. Currently, over a dozen major banks in the region are accepted by POLi Payments. These include ANZ, Westpac, Citi Bank and Commonwealth Bank.
POLi Payment’s goal is to make online payments faster, easier and more secure. Unlike many online payment services, there’s no need to sign up or create any account to use POLi Payments for depositing money at an online casino or buying items online. If you want to use POLi Payments for making withdrawals, you do need to make an account
Casino Calzone Review
New players only. Deposit required. Bonus wagering 25x deposit + bonus, Extra Spins 35x. Bonus max bet £5. Max cashout from welcome bonus funds is £5000. Neteller/Skrill deposits do not qualify. Game weighting, Bonus Terms and General Terms and Conditions Apply.
18+. New players only. BeGambleWare. Terms Apply
18+. New customer only. Min £15. Neteller/Skrill excl. Max bonus £100. Wagering deposit+bonus x40 within 30 days. Bonus max bet £5. Spins paid 10 per day. Game weighting and T&C apply.
New customers. Winnings given as bonus funds. Wager 20x before withdrawing. Spins & bonus wagering on Age Of The Gods slot games only. T&Cs apply.
18+ New Players. Min. £10 deposit. 100% up to £300 + 30 bonus spins on selected games. £5 min. wager to activate deposit spins- expire 3 days from claiming. 35x wagering before bonus or winnings can be withdrawn. £5 max. stake using bonus. Skrill, Neteller deposits excluded from offer. Eligibility restrictions apply. Full T&Cs below. www.begambleaware.org
18+. New players only. BeGambleWare. Terms Apply
18+. New Customers only. Min deposit £20-£100. Max Deposit £50-£200. 100x ER for bonus amounts. 7 days to complete WR. Max Bet for bonus wagering is £5 per spin. Alwyas refer to Bonus Terms for more info.
New customers only. 40x wagering, game weighting, restrictions and T&C’s apply. Max Bet with bonus funds £5. Neteller/Skrill excluded, cash balance can we withdrawn at any time
Benefits of using POLi Payments
Using POLi Payments rather than your credit/debit card for making payments online has many benefits. These include:
- Costs: Many credit card companies charge small fees for making online payments. Likewise, most banks charge nominal fees whenever you transfer money online. In contrast, POLi Payments is absolutely free. However, this is only the case when making deposits online. If you want to receive payments using POLi Payments, then you have to pay a 1% fee per transaction (capped at $3AUD). This is still far cheaper than most credit card companies and other online payment services such as PayPal. For example, if you withdraw $10AUD using POLi Payment, you only have to pay $0.10AUD, whereas with other e-wallets you would have to pay approximately $0.4AUD.
- Speed: Credit card payments and bank transfers are notoriously slow. This is especially true when it comes to making withdrawals from online casinos. Most online casinos process credit card withdrawals within 2-4 working days, and bank transfers can take up to a week. With POLi Payments, your transaction will be processed within minutes.
- Security: With so many viruses and malware floating around cyberspace it’s vital to keep your payment details safe and secure. Although all reliable online casinos use top-notch encryption technology, if your device or network has been affected by malware, then your information is at risk of being stolen. With POLi Payments you don’t need to enter any credit card details or bank account numbers when making online payments. All you need is your online banking username and password.
Convenience: With POLi Payments, there’s no need to enter your credit card details. In fact, you don’t even need to register to use POLi Payments, so you don’t need to remember a new username and password. All you need is your regular internet banking account credentials.
How to deposit with POLi Payments
Making a deposit at an online casino with POLi Payments is simple and straightforward. However, the service is very limited and is currently only available for Australians and New Zealanders who have an account at participating banks, as most major banks in Australia and New Zealand are affiliated with POLi Payments. For a full list of eligible banks, see the company’s website.
Also, online gambling laws in Australia are very strict and most foreign casinos are not allowed to accept players from Australia. As such, POLi Payments does not facilitate illegal transactions, and you can only use it for online casinos which can accept Australian players – there are a few in our list of recommended casinos.
To make a deposit using POLi Payments, just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your online casino account
- Go to the deposits page/cashier and scroll down until you find POLi Payments
- Click on the link and enter your online banking username and password
- Confirm the transaction
- You should receive an email notification
Bottom line on POLi Payments
POLi Payments is a sophisticated, safe and useful method for online payments. You don’t have to create an account to use the service, which adds a degree of privacy and convenience. Unfortunately, the payments system is not widely accepted and it’s only available at legal Australian/New Zealand online casinos. That being said, it’s a great way to send money online, so make sure to use it when you can!