If you’re looking for the best casino bonuses for UK players, you’ve landed at the right place. At Bonus.co.uk, we go through every online casino with a UK license, breaking down casino offers ruthlessly to the bone. And unlike the others, we do have some mathematics training and know that a 100% bonus plus a 20% one does not equal a 120% bonus.
T&C’s apply to each of the offers below, click “Claim Now” for more details
Best UK Bonuses
What UK regulation means for you & your bonuses
We, like you, absolutely love bonuses, in whatever form we can find them. But before we get to the bonuses, there are a few basics to keep in mind whenever you gamble online. First and foremost, since we’re a UK focused site, we can’t stress enough how important it is for any casino, poker room, bingo site, or sportsbook you choose to operate within the confines of the UK Gambling Commission. This not only keeps things legal for you, but also ensures someone’s got your back. Things to be on the lookout for include:
- The UK Gambling Commission seal of approval: This is the holy grail of UK online gambling, and is easily recognized by the UK Gambling Commission’s official logo. In addition to this stamp of approval, each site that displays it will also include the casino’s licensing and regulation number usually found in the navigation footer. You may also find other licensing info beyond that of the local jurisdiction, such as that of Gibraltar Malta, or Kahnawake. These are the organisations that will keep you, your bonuses, and your overall game play protected; in other words, an absolute must for any gambling site you choose.
- Clear bonus terms: The UK Gambling Commission is quite strict about keeping things above board, so as not to mislead players. This means bonuses and other promotions need to be specifically defined, qualified, and explained so you know each bonus’s limits (for example up to £100), and how it’s to be redeemed (playing a specific slot or as a deposit match). It must also be transparent how any given bonus can be cleared, including the wagering requirements. Similarly, promotions can’t make unwarranted claims for improving your general well-being or financial status, such as a promise to make you happy or rich.
- Age-appropriate gaming: By this we are in no way referring to the content – which can be a little racy indeed with some casinos going as far as offering Playboy and bikini-clad themes. This is more about an official overall policy, in tune with the demands of the UK Gambling Commission itself, that no gaming site accept any player to its membership who is under the age of 18.
- Effective customer service: When you gamble online, it’s not virtual money you’re playing with; it’s the real deal! And part of keeping your money safe is having someone accountable. That of course means if you have a question about a bonus – such as if you’re eligible for it or how to claim it – you need someone to speak to. And that means a customer support service that’s professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly available, 24/7 by phone, email and live chat, at the least.
- Bonus and betting limits: We all have our limits for how long we want to play, or how much we’re willing to gamble. A site that lets you set your limits (and in so doing helps you stick to them), is a good gambling institution in our books. An added option, which most online casinos accommodate, is to opt out from bonus offers. May sound counter-intuitive to you now, but for some, that’s a really good option indeed.
We Scour the Net to Find You the Top Offers
Our team of experts has gone through each casino’s promotions’ terms and analysed the fine print. Unfazed by jargon or mathematics, we explain what it all means and how the terms affect the quality of the deal. We look at how the promos compare with other casinos’ offerings and rate it according to the real value you can get out there. What do other Brits think of the casino, and what are some of the complaints? It’s not enough to merely hold a license from the UK Gambling Commission, because let’s face it – being legal isn’t that hard.
And of course, with online casinos being a rather competitive industry, new offers are rolled out or updated all the time. We revisit casinos regularly, looking for new offers to ensure that we are recommending the best online casino bonuses at any given time.
What Makes a Good Casino Bonus?
- Percentage of match
100% up to £100 or 200% up to £100? The higher the matching percentage, the more value you’ll get per pound deposited. Especially if you are on a tight cash flow, a higher match will get you further for less.
- Wagering requirements
The WR is how much you need to wager before withdrawal, so if you plan on withdrawing your wins, look for a deal with a low wagering requirement. It directly affects your bonus’ actual value. Average is around 35x.
- Games to play on
This applies mostly to non-slot players. Game contributions towards the WR vary for table games and video pokers. If these are your thing, look out for table game and live dealer promos – the terms will be better than the regular offers. Also some casino offers are only valid on limited games, so check.
What Types of Casino Bonuses Can I Find?
It’s a tough business, so online casinos are always offering all sorts of deals to attract new players and retain existing ones. Casino bonuses come in all sorts of varieties, and with a bit of hunting, you can find a bonus for just about every occasion. The player is king when it comes to online gambling, and seasoned pros often play at multiple casinos to take advantage of the full gamut of offerings. Below is a comprehensive list of the different types of casino promotions available, grouped according to stages from the moment you decide to sign up.
Not necessarily just for rookie gamblers, but beginner bonuses are the casino offers you can claim from the moment you decide to sign up at a casino. These are for those new to online gaming, as well as for experienced players on the hunt for a better deal. There are lots of free bonuses at this stage, and deposit bonus rates tend to be much better. It’s all aimed at attracting players to try the casino.
- No Deposit– Sign up at a casino, and you’ll get free casino credits or spins, without having to put any money down. These tend to be on the small side.
- Free Play– Think £1,000 for 12 hours. Like the No-deposit bonus, free play gets you casino credits without making a deposit. You’ll get more credits to play with but under a short time limit. Free play deals are a rare breed but they are great fun and fantastic for sampling the casino thoroughly.
- Welcome – Aka Sign Up Bonus. Most casinos offer this when you make your first deposit. The matching percentage tends to be higher than regular bonuses so that new players start with extra ammo. You might also come across Welcome packages, which guarantee bonuses on your first few deposits.
- Free Spins– Free spins are always a favourite for slot players. As the name suggests, you get a number of free spins to play on slots. Can come in Welcome packages, weekly promos and new game launches.
- High Roller – If you like to bet big and go for the gold, then keep an eye out for high roller deals. These have a lower matching percentage, but they have a higher limitation to the actual amount you can claim.
- Mobile – Extra bucks just for playing on your phone or tablet. It’s as simple as that. Usually this is a one-time offer to get players to try the casino on their mobile devices.
When you’ve used up your welcome bonuses, there are still plenty of other opportunities to give your bankroll a boost. There are offers for table games, for slot players, and just for casino players in general. This list of advanced bonuses shows the different casino promotions you should look out for.
- Re-load– Otherwise called a Deposit bonus. After your welcome bonus is done, re-loads give you extra credit when you next deposit at the casino. Matching percentages tend to be lower than Welcome bonuses.
- Live Casino Promotions– If you love table games like blackjack or roulette, and you enjoy the thrill of a live dealer, then no doubt you’ll love Live Casino promos. There are one-time introductory deals as well as weekly offers, so keep your eyes open.
- Freerolls– Freerolls usually refer to a free ticket entry to poker tournaments that have cash prizes. With the popularity of slots tournaments growing, you can also sometimes find freerolls for slots tourneys.
- Monthly Raffles – Lots of casinos have monthly offers, with bonuses, free spins, and real world prizes to be won. Prizes can go from winning a car, a laptop, the latest gadgets, all expenses paid for holidays, and more.
- Cashback– It’s not so sexy and no one likes to think about losing, but cashback offers will give you at least part of your money back if you don’t win. This is especially great for new gamblers who are trying new games and playing with real money for the first time.
- Comp Points / VIP Club– Loyalty program where you get points for your wagers, and sometimes also for your deposits. As you collect more points and move up the levels, you’ll enjoy more perks and rewards.
- Referral – Got friends who also like to play? Happy with the online casino you’re at? Get them to sign up at the casino and get even more cash in your pocket.
There are casinos that literally have promotions every single day of the week. One day might be dedicated to blackjack, another might be free spins for a featured slot, and another might be a deposit bonus. Most of these casinos will publish their promotion schedule ahead of time, so you know which day you simply cannot miss.
Holiday Specials & Event-related
When the holidays roll around, many casinos are loaded with special promotions. Christmas, for example, is the hottest time to pick up tons of extra bonuses, free spins, tickets to lucky draws and all the trimmings. Other than the holidays, lots of casino offers to coincide with special events. For example, during the World Cup, you can often find free spins on football related slots. Casinos will go pretty far to get you into the mood.
Fine Print FAQ
What is a Wagering Requirement?
The amount you need to bet before you can withdraw winnings from bonus money. Also known as a Play-through Requirement.
How do I understand a wagering requirement?
The requirement is usually a multiple of a bonus, eg. 30x. If you received £100 in bonus money, then you need to bet 30 x £100, i.e. £3,000, before you can withdraw.
The requirement can also be a multiple of bonus plus deposit (aka, b+d). For example it’s a 50% match up with a 15x b+d requirement. If you deposit £100, you will get a £50 bonus.
15 x (£50 + £100) = £2,250. That is you need to wager £2,250 before you can withdraw.
Which games can I play to fulfill my wagering requirement?
Most slots contribute 100% to the requirement, whereas video pokers and table games contribute less. If a game contributes 100%, then every bet counts towards the requirement. If it contributes 50%, then only half of the bets’ value count. Percentages for non-slot games vary wildly, so check each casino’s “Game Contributions” table.
Is there a time limitation?
The specific time limit can go from a week to a month – it varies by casino and by offer, with free spins usually having a shorter life span. Check the promotion’s terms to be sure.
Can I withdraw the entire bonus amount?
No. You cannot withdraw bonus money. You can only withdraw winnings from bets made with that money, after meeting wagering requirements.